Friday night in our house is pizza night. We sometimes have the more traditional pizzas like pepperoni, but sometimes, we like to get a little creative. This is one of those times. This pizza is so delicious. It is piled with fresh figs, creamy goat cheese, thinly sliced prosciutto and then garnished with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and wilted arugula. Enjoy! Oh, I almost forgot, give it a little mist of olive oil at the end to give it a nice shine :)
either a store bought or homemade crust (I’ll share my crust recipe soon)
for the white sauce
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
mozzarella cheese (2-3 cups depending on what you like)
6 figs cut into eighths
4 ounces goat cheese
4 ounces prosciutto
2 cups arugula
balsamic reduction (store bought or homemade (I have a video recipe))
1. Cream the sauce ingredients together until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight is fine too).
2. Par-bake your crust for 7 minutes on 400°F. *I use a pizza stone for this.
3. Spread white sauce on warm crust.
4. Add mozzarella, then figs, and goat cheese and then a little sprinkle of mozzarella (to hold it together and to be pretty :).
5. Return to oven until golden and beautiful.
6. Remove from oven and add the arugula then the prosciutto. I also like to add a little arugula over the prosciutto to make it prettier.
7. Bake for 1-2 more minutes – no more! Remove it from the oven. If you have a spray oil give it a little spray on the top to make the arugula shine. Olive oil is best but canola is fine too.
8. Let it cool for about 5 minutes. Add the balsamic reduction and enjoy!